Celebrate with us the founding of HHL 125 years ago!
In 1898, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management was founded as the first academic educational institution for business people in the German-speaking world. Let’s celebrate together and share ideas about the future.
It is a great pleasure for us to cordially invite you to the celebration of the 125th anniversary of HHL on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 in the marvellous Salles de Pologne in Leipzig.
You can expect an interesting event with keynote speeches by Dr. Joana Breidenbach, cultural anthropologist and entrepreneur, as well as Prof. Dr. Burkhard Schwenker, former CEO & Chairman at Roland Berger
The panel discussion that follows addresses the future role of business schools.
The afternoon will end with a get-together with sparkling wine, coffee and cake.
- 01.00 p.m. – Admission
- 01.30 p.m. – Musical opening by Gitta Hauenherm (Piano) & Miriam Dirr (Saxophon)
- Ceremonial address by Prof. Dr. Tobias Dauth, Dean of HHL
- Ceremonial address by Burkhard Jung, Lord Mayor of the City of Leipzig
- Ceremonial address by Conrad Clemens, State Secretary and Representative of the Free State of Saxony to the Federal Government
- Ceremonial address by Lutz Meschke, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of HHL
- 4 questions to Prof. Dr. Heribert Meffert, Former Rector of HHL and holder of the Chair of Marketing Management (1995-1997) and Dr. Jürgen Meffert, Member of the Board of Trustees of HHL
- Keynote speech “125 years of Leipzig Graduate School of Management: Why business studies are more important than ever.” – Prof. Dr. Burkhard Schwenker, Academic Director Center for Scenario Planning at HHL
- Keynote speech “Transformation competence: What we need to be able to do for real change processes.” – Dr. Joana Breidenbach, Founder gut.org gAG and brafe.space foundation
- Panel discussion “The role of business schools in the transformation processes of business and society” with Prof. Dr. Karolin Frankenberger, Pamela Taylor, Dr. Joana Breidenbach, Dr. Malte Persike, Rolf Schrömgens, Prof. Dr. Burkhard Schwenker, Moderation by Sandra Schneider
- Closing remarks by Prof. Dr. Tobias Dauth, Dean of HHL
- Musical conclusion by Gitta Hauenherm (Piano) & Miriam Dirr (Saxophon)
- 03.45 p.m. – Get-together
- 05.45 p.m. – End of the event
We look forward to celebrating and also exchanging ideas with you.
(The event language is German.)