The Center for Advanced Studies in Management (CASiM) is an interdisciplinary and international research center of HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management for business administration in the 21st century. The research focus of the Center is on pressing socio-economic challenges implied by globalization, technological development, environmental and demographic dynamics.
In the initial years since its foundation in 2012, the research agenda of the center was shaped by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Horst Albach, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Heribert Meffert, Prof. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart and Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ralf Reichwald, four renowned researchers of business economics, marketing and innovation. During that period, next to the study of the role of trust in firms and market and change management in the accelerating world, the center addressed two important application areas, health care management and urban dynamics.
The leadership baton has been handed over In July 2016 to Prof. Dr. Erwin Pesch. The founding members continue supporting the Center, together with other outstanding experts from research and industry, as members of the advisory board. Professor Pesch, who also holds the Chair of Information Systems at the University of Siegen, complements the academic expertise of the Center with sound knowledge of quantitative methods and a stronger research focus on logistics, operations research, sharing economy, smart mobility and sustainability.
The CASiM Advisory Board consists of 14 experts from research, academia, and business practice. This international and interdisciplinary body representing such disciplines as business economics, medicine, law, and mathematics serves as a think tank of the center and provides the Executive Board with inspirations, ideas and critical feedback and a professional network.
- Dr. Jürgen Behrend, CEO at Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Prof. Dr. Christian Berger, Chair for Civil Law and Copyright Law, Dean of the Law Faculty at Leipzig University, Germany
- Prof. John Bessant Ph.D., Director of Research and Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Exeter Business School, AIM Senior Fellow, UK
- Prof. Dr. med. Frank Emmrich, Director of the Institute for Clinical Immunology at Leipzig University, Germany
- Prof. Thomas P. Gehrig Ph.D., Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Business, Econonomics and Statistics, Department of Finance, University of Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Dr. Dietmar Harhoff, Director of the Institute for Innovation Research, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- Prof. Anne Sigismund Huff Ph.D., Academic Director of the Center for Leading Innovation and Communication (CLIC) at HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Jost, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
- Prof. Pierfrancesco La Mura Ph.D., Chair of Economics and Information Systems, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Peter Letmathe, Chair for Management Accounting, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Prof. Peter McKiernan Ph.D., Professor of Management, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- Edouardo Montes, Chairman of Asociacion Espanola de la Industria Electrica (UNESA), Madrid, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Paqué, former Minister of Finance in Saxony- Anhalt, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Chair of International Economics, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany
- Dr. Andreas Penk President Oncology Europe and CEO of Pfizer Germany