11 Tips to Manage Your Career
HHL Expert Talks: Career Development
Over the past few weeks we have shared several blog posts on how to navigate the job market during and after the economic crisis. As part of the HHL Expert Talk series, we invited Martina Beermann, Psychologist, Director of Career Development/ Employer Relations and Anett Hughes, Manager Career Development/Employer Relations to show students and employees how they can use the time of the crisis productively for their long-term successful career management.
During the one-hour webinar they talk about what is currently particularly important concerning application processes and share eleven tips on how to manage your career during the crisis.
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management reacts to current developments in society and economy. The Virtual HHL Expert Talk series addresses latest and key topics in its research and academic programs to a broad audience. This also applies to the ongoing corona crisis and its effects. The HHL Expert Talk offers an open and further education and know-how transfer to the whole HHL community and beyond.
Finding the topic most relevant to you
We invite you to use the blog post to get a overview of the various topics discussed in the webinar. To make it more convenient for you to jump to specific topics we have added time stamps behind the each tip and topic. The time stamps will guide you to the respective topic in the video below.
Learning from career development experts
Curious about what those four key elements entail? Watch the webinar replay to learn from HHL’s career experts.
In particular, you will learn about:
- Which five questions to ask yourself in order to develop personal answers for your future career development (11:23)
- Which factors are decisive for a sustainable and successful career management (19:31)
- What you can currently do to advance your professional development while social distancing (26:33)
- How HR departments currently shape the hiring process and what conclusions you can draw for your current application management (40:48)
“The four key elements for a sustainable and successful career are personal development, performance development, market adaptability and network expansion.”
How to Manage Your Career During the Coronavirus Crisis
- See it as challenge (5:36)
- Self-reflect (11:20)
- Be clear on your skillset and career goals (16:10)
- Do research: Identify companies and their problems (23:37)
- Build positive relationships / networks (26:33)
- Create routines (35:49)
- Recharge your batteries (36:56)
- Analyze most frequent keywords in job descriptions (39:13)
- Be prepared – also for video interviews (40:48)
- Demonstrate appreciation and stay connected (43:35)
- Bridge the gap (45:23)
Hit play now to watch the HHL Expert Talk and learn how you can navigate the economic crisis.